Educating consumers is not enough for the CSPI crowd -- government regulation of everything we eat is what they want.
Here are some of their more outrageous ideas:
- New excise taxes on fatty food, cars, and television sets to fund government fitness campaigns
- A government-sponsored "Must-Not-See-TV Week" campaign
- Caffeine warning labels
- Calorie labeling on all fast-food packaging
- A fast-food advertising ban on any TV program seen by children
- FDA requirements to force baby food producers to label tapioca as 'chemically modified food starch'
- Doubling excise taxes on beer
- Taxpayer-funded nutrition counseling for food-stamp recipients